The head of the Engineering Projects Department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine; Engineer Dea' Majid al-Sa'egh, has announced the completion of one of the parts of the project of strengthening and gilding the Taremah of the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), namely the installation of the Quranic inscription bands that mediate the sides and facade of the inner wall of the great golden Iwan; the Taremah. The staff will now start the cladding works for the remaining parts.
It is to note that the Qur'anic bands included three Qur'anic texts that occupy the three sides so that the visitor can read the text in full, and at the same time to maintain the continuity of the inscription as follows:
- The type of line used in the Quranic band is the streaky Thuluth that is gold-plated with 24 carat gold, in three levels and with the size of the pen: (3.6 cm). This was conducted by the Iraqi calligrapher Professor Firas Abbas.
- The right rib measures (351 cm x 80 cm) with the inscription of Surat Al-Ikhlas.
- The middle rib measures (700 cm x 80 cm), on which a part of verse 177 of Surat al-Baqarah was inscribed.
- The left rib measures (349 cm x 80 cm), on which Surat Al-Kawthar was inscribed.
- The total lengths of ribs of the three bands is (80 cm x 14 m).
- The tiles of these bands are adorned with pure gold and decorated with blue enamel.
- The battalions are surrounded by an Islamic architectural decoration from the top and the bottom (20 cm), and are encrusted with 24 carat gold.
It is to note that this stage of the project is complementary to the stage that preceded it from the covering of the Tarema columns, and will increase the aesthetic aspect of the holy shrine and the preservation of its architectural building, working to maintain it continuously, while preserving the architectural and heritage aspect with a strong and efficient print, according to the approved technical and engineering standards.