The Supreme Religious Authority has stated in the second sermon of Friday prayer held in the holy shrine of Imam al-Hussayn (peace be upon him) on the 4th of Jumada I 1440 AH corresponding to January 11, 2019, which was led by his eminence Sayed Ahmad al-Safi, in which he highlighted a numerous important ethical and education points to our reality, such as:
- - The family has great and important role as it is the nucleus of the society.
- - The social immunity is controlled by people who allow certain things or ideas to enter their society or not.
- - The society will grow in a distorted way as the family is the nucleus of every good or bad.
- - Every society must have immunity through the individuals constituting it so they build up their community.
- - The more people are at a high level of awareness, the stronger social immunity becomes.
- - Everyone should be concerned with their society, as some issues can be handled by the family, while other issues must be handled by the government.
- - The absent role of the head of the family forms an issue some people are complaining about.
- - The role of the head of the family is not about only providing for the family members, but it is also about watching them, teaching them, communicating with them, and giving them the appropriate care.
- - This responsibility is getting more difficult nowadays in the time of technology, as if it is not well controlled it can affect the family structure, by dismantling its affection and cohesion bonds.
- - We must be aware that the more technology makes matters easier, the more it disintegrates the family and its firm relationships.
- - Technology will burden the head of family with more responsibilities, and he has to not forget his essential function within his family, which is the education which needs his true presence by spending qualitative time with his children.
- - It’s important that fathers learn from Imam Ali (peace be upon him), for his letter has been passed down to us, for we are the addressees.
- - Fathers should communicate more with their children and be aware of their needs and activities, so that children can realize they have a father, a mother, or a brother who looks after them.
- - The whole society should take their social responsibility, for everyone is accountable to some children who have gone astray and to the family disintegration that has ruptured the society.
- - We are all responsible as the children see their fathers and their lord, he protects them and cares for them.
- - All parties, must intervene to strengthen the real role of the head of the family.
To read the whole sermon, please click here.