The head of the engineering projects department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine; Eng. Dia' Majeed al-Sa'egh, revealed the achievement of advanced completion rates in the Islamic Center for Strategic Studies project located in Najaf province. The completion ratios reached 87%, while the remaining works are complementary works to put the final touches according to the designs prepared for it.
Al-Sa'egh added: "The project is being built on an area of 890 square meters divided into seven floors. Special designs have been prepared, whether in construction or finishing to be an icon in the city of the Commander of the Faithful (peace be upon him)."
He added: "What has been achieved during the previous work period is summarized as follows:
- Completion of the concrete structure of the building.
- Completion of the construction work of the internal and external walls of the building.
- Completion of the establishment of sewage and drainage systems.
- Completion of the work of the electrical system and its foundations.
- Completion of installation of doors and windows for the project as a whole.
- Finishing the works of secondary ceilings (gypsum board and metal parts) for all floors of the building.
- 85% completion of the interior and exterior paint works of the building.
- Completion of the cladding of the entire facade of the building with modern designs.
- 80% completion of the installation of four elevators.
- Completion of all service systems (calling system, fire extinguishing system, camera system, communication system, gas system).”
It is to mention that the Engineering projects Department at the Al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine has carried out and supervised dozens of large projects as well as hundreds of small and medium projects -including this project- inside and outside the holy shrine. Most of these projects were implemented by Iraqi cadres either from the mentioned department of local companies from outside the holy shrine, or rarely with the collaboration with foreign labor companies.