Under the slogan: (My family my responsibility), the Center of Family Culture of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine celebrated its first anniversary in a celebration held in the central hall of the Center of as-Siddiqa at-Tahira (peace be upon her) on Thursday afternoon the 29th of Jumada II 1440 H corresponding to March 7, 2019, in the presence of the Senior Official of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine; Sayed Ahmad al-Safi, its Secretary-General Eng. Mohammed Al-Ashigar and a number of its board of directors as well as a group of ladies representing many family and societal bodies.
The celebration began with the recitation of verses from the Holy Quran and reading Surah al-Fatiha in memory of the martyrs of Iraq and then listening to the anthem of the holy shrine "The tune of pride", after which a speech was delivered by the Board member of the Holy Shrine, Mr. Jawad Al-Hasnawi.
After that, Dr. Mohamed Hassan, the educational assistant in the Department of Education and Higher Education at the Holy Shrine, presented an explanation of the Center's most important achievements during its first year, as well as its presentation of the Center's future plan for the year 2019.
The event included the following:
- Listening to the recitation of the Holy Quran of an emerging talent.
- A documentary film presenting the most important activities of the Family Culture Center during this year.
- Theatrical presentation by the students of the al-'Ameed School, focused on one of the causes of family problems that afflict the Iraqi family, with the development of effective solutions to them.
- Honoring a group of families of the martyrs of the Fatwa of the sufficient duty for the defense and offering them gifts and money from the shrine of Aba al-Fadl Abbas (peace be upon him) by His Eminence Sayed Ahmad al-Safi.
- Honoring those who contributed and participated in the success of the first year activities of this center.
Then the closing speech of the General Secretariat of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine was delivered by the Board Member Dr. Abbas al-Dadah.
Then the attendees went to the opening of the exhibition of products and handicrafts of the Center's affiliates, in addition to a pavilion displaying samples of the work of the al-Kafeel Center for Digital Printing and Advertising Industry.