In order to accommodate the numbers of visitors coming to the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) who take Qibla Street as main street to reach the holy shrine, the staffs working in the engineering maintenance department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine added to this street new spaces that were taken from the middle separation, which is a preliminary measure to be followed by other measures that will include the removal of some of the barriers and their restriction by a unified central barrier, with a new and modern design that matches the value and status of the owner of this shrine and the main street leading to it.
This work was preceded by works that included the addition of space to the Qibla Gate, which created an area that was invested to perform the rituals of the Ziyarat and the du'aa. This stage was a complementary phase, followed by other stages, all of which aim to serve the visitor to enable them to perform the rituals of the Ziyarat with ease.
According to those responsible for these works, the works included:
- Opening the fence of the garden and its central parts.
- Transfer seedlings and their allocated sand to the al-Kafeel nursery in cooperation with its cadres.
- Drilling the place of the garden with a certain depth.
- Treatment of service channels for electricity, water, sewage, etc., and linking them to the main systems.
- Covering it with a layer of subbase pavement.
- Flattening the added space.
- Covering the area with concrete.
With this added space, the street will witness a great expansion that will contribute to the absorption of the number of visitors and easen their movement in addition to the ease of moving the vehilcles without intersection with visitors.