The supreme religious authority stated in the second sermon of Friday prayer of the 4th of Ramadhan 1440 AH corresponding to May 10, 2019, which was held in the holy shrine of Imam al-Hussayn (peace be upon him) and led by his eminence Sheikh Abd al-Mahdi al-Karbala'i, important moral and educational points in relation to our reality, focusing on investing the holy month of Ramadhan the best way, most importantly:
- - The holy month of Ramadhan is of great importance, and that’s known through the Hadiths of the Prophet Mohammad and the infallible Imams (peace be upon them).
- - This means that every fasting person should seize this opportunity to change themselves during this month.
- - It is a tremendous loss to waste this opportunity, for this month aims to awaken the minds of people and trigger their ambition.
- - When people have the knowledge, awareness and understanding of the importance and gravity of the matter in life, the attention increases for that matter.
- - The narrations of the infallible (peace be upon them) about the holy month of Ramadhan want to draw our attention to the importance of this month in our worldly and hereafter lives.
- - For this reason the Holy Prophet (Allah's prayers be upon him and upon his holy Household) gave an important sermon at the end of the month of Sha'ban to stress on the important of fasting, which leads to piety.
- - The Imams (peace be upon them) stressed on reading supplications and verses of the Holy Quran to awaken minds.
- - It is important to have the awareness, the insight and the deep and accurate knowledge about the importance on this holy month in our lives.
- - The importance of cogitating on the verses of the Noble Quran and the speeches of the Prophet Mohammad (Allah's prayers be upon him and upon his holy Household) and not just reading them superficially.
- - It is essential that a fasting person should start cleansing his/her heart from envy, rancor, arrogance and other vicious deeds.
- - The essence of faith is to turn to Allah with the deep of the heart and the inners of the soul. Of course, this is much more important than tiring the organs with worships.
- - The superficial dealings with religious observances, such as performing prayers as movements and utterances is inadequate.
- - The second point through which we know how to make our fast reach the level of piety is to be attentive to the essence of fasting and its lofty purpose.
- - We mostly deal with the worship acts superficially and without understanding the spirit and truth of each of the acts.
- - In fact the prayer is the link of every believer with the God, the fast is an ascension of the soul to the higher kingdom through piety.
- - People in this degree not only fast from what is jurisprudentially mentioned, but they also observe an ethical fasting too.
- - Such noble fasters let their eyes, ears and all other body parts fast against whatever which is regarded in religion as Haram.
- - Among the important matters in this holy month is how to employ the month of fasting to strengthen the spiritual and moral aspect and to establish the link with God Almighty.
- - In our worldly life we face many problems, difficulties, crises and psychological, moral, economic and social pressures.
- - How can we face them successfully without that we fall into failure, despair, frustration or other psychological states?
- - Many speak about anxiety, depression, fear, sadness, frustration and despair... With this state of mind, they will not be able to face their problems with determination and ability to overcome them, which leads to suicide, divorce, family disintegration...
- - Our society suffers from the spiritual and moral drought and we need to enrich it, as this is the solution.
- - The holy month of Ramadhan is the best opportunity to strengthen the connection with the Almighty.
- - If I have a strong communication and connection the Almighty God, this means that I believe that I have wise, merciful and compassionate God, who will help me overcome these problems and crises and I will face them successfully without that I fall into failure, despair, frustration or other psychological states.
- - We must exhort on reading Quran, prayers and supplications that will always give us the serenity, tranquillity and peace of mind because the Almighty is the Most Compassionate and the Most Merciful.