The Advisory and Support Committee of the Department of Religious Affairs at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine revealed the value of support provided to the security forces, the volunteers, the martyrs and the wounded since the beginning of the religious fatwa for the defence until 2018, which is 7.041.726.000 Iraqi Dinars. And it continues its works and the amounts disbursed during the last year will be announced once the audit is completed.
The Committee explained that the distribution of these amounts was on various levels according to the mechanism of work, such as:
- Support of the security forces and popular mobilization, both materially and morally in the battlefields and fronts against the terrorist gangs, including supplying the fighters with money in cash, as well as night vision, military uniforms, various dry and fresh food, meat and water, in addition to mobiles' balances, cigarettes and perfumes.
- Communicate with the martyrs' families and support them financially with specific amounts for each martyr family. The money will be handed over directly to the relatives of the martyr through their visitation or contact with them to come to areas close to their place of residence or inside the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine or according to the family's choice in case the delegation of the holy shrine cannot come to them.
- Communicating with the wounded of the security forces and the popular mobilization, whether in their homes or in their hospitals, and providing them with material and moral support. They were visited either in their homes or in the hospitals where they were staying. They were also provided by financial assistance to overcome this ordeal.
- Granting financial grants to some of the popular mobilization fighters who have not received salaries or other humanitarian cases.
- Taking care of the treatment of the wounded or their relatives, whether at the expense of the Committee or by sending them to the al-Kafeel Super Speciality Hospital.
The support was not limited to providing material and logistical support, but there was also a visit to these heroes to urge them to do more, reminding them of the recommendations of the supreme religious authority as well as the honor and great status they enjoy. And that these aids are nothing when compared to their sacrifices.