The holy month of Ramadhan includes in its days the martyrdom anniversary of the Commander of the Faithful; Imam Ali (peace be upon him). The believers all over the world recall this tragedy in which the sorrows of Ahl al-Bayt (peace be upon them) are renewed, and all the holy shrines in Iraq commemorate this sad anniversary, such as the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine and the sanctuary of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) were covered in black, banners on which narrations recalling this tragedy, were hung on the walls of the holy shrine and the red lights were lit in honor to this sad occasion and to extend the condolences to the Holy Prophet and the Ahl al-Bayt (Allah's prayers be upon them).
The al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine has prepared a condolence program in order to commemorate this sad occasion, which includes the following:
- Establishment of the annual mourning council of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, which is held in the sanctuary of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him).
- Distribution of Iftar to visitors in the name of the Commander of the faithful (peace be upon him).
- The establishment of a condolence council in the Hall of the holy shrine for the servants of the holy shrine for three days.
- Hosting Sheikh Dr. Mohammed Jum’a to give lectures on this occasion, in a Council that will be held every evening.
- Receiving the mourners on this occasion and the condolences processions from inside and outside the Holy city of Karbala.