The work of the expansion project of the Maqam of Imam al-Mahdi (may Allah hasten his holy reappearance) has taken great strides. The features of the work in its final phases became apparent. After all efforts have been concerted for its achievement, under the direct and field supervision of the Department of Engineering Projects at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine.
The Head of the Engineering Projects Department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine; Engineer Dea' Majeed al-Sa'egh, the responsible body for the design and supervision on the execution of this project, stated: Gradually the work of the expansion project of the Maqam of Imam al-Mahdi (may Allah hasten his holy reappearance) has reached advanced staged in the works that are executed in a parallel way in all the facilities of this project.
The most prominent conducted works are:
- The installation of pieces of mirrors cut artistically on the ceilings and walls of the halls.
- Continuation of the coating works of the front and rear facade by the Kashi al-Karbala'i.
- Completion of the installation of the main systems of the project such as lighting, warning, fire, communications, monitoring and others.
- Continuation of the work of the main entrance of the Maqam, which includes a large gate in the middle of its old entrance from the outside and an another from the outside, on top of which a Taremah is installed with a width of more than four meters, with columns on its sides in the form of Iwans, which will be encrusted by the streaky Kashi Karbala'i. An iron structure was used in these works which one of the new additions to this project.
- Completion of the works of encrusting the main clock of the Maqam, on the top of its front façade. "