The hands of the staffs, cadres and craftsmen of al-Saqqa' factory for the manufacture of grids and doors of shrines and sanctuaries of the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine are creative in manufacturing art masterpieces, the most recent of which is the grid of the mausoleum of Al-Qasem son of Imam al-Kadhem (peace be upon both of them). Noting that the works in this grid started about two and a half years ago, and was accomplished before the expiration of the contracted period.
Here are the most important features of this holy grid, made with high precision and craftsmanship:
- It was designed by skilled calligraphers and designers who did their best to design this masterpiece.
- It was made by the most skilled technicians and craftsmen, which gave it a high accuracy and aesthetics commensurate with its holy place.
- Difficult and complex methods were used in its manufacture to give it the durability necessary to withstand all circumstances.
- Approximately 522 kilograms of silver were used to form some parts.
- Approximately (13) kg of pure gold was used for the purpose of painting.
- More than (2000) kilograms of copper and about (2500) kilograms of stainless steel metal, teak, inlays and other metals were used in it.
- A verse from Surat Al-Nour was inscribed on it.
- Verses from a poem by the poet Haj Ali al-Saffar were engraved on it.
- The inscriptions on the grid are floral inscriptions designed by Dr. Amin Nouri.
- Decoration was made of teak wood and other colored wood inside the grid with high craftsmanship.
It should be noted that the holy grid of the shrine of al-Qasem son of Imam al-Kadhem (peace be upon both of them), was unveiled at a ceremony held at Al-Saqqa' factory for the manufacture of grids and gates of shrines and sanctuaries, on Thursday (6th Dhu al-Hijjah 1440 AH) corresponding to August 8, 2019.