The first edition of Al-Nasser Conference for Security and Community Peace, held by the Department of Order Care at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine under the slogan: (Peace is a greeting to our faith and a safety to our religion), kicked off on Thursday morning 27th Dhu Al-Hijjah 1440 AH corresponding to August 29, 2019, to increase the awareness, culture and rooting of the security sense of the citizen, as a responsibility and a duty for all, especially in the holy cities, which witness the movement of visitors throughout the year.
The conference, which was held in Hall of Imam Al-Hassan (peace be upon him) at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, witnessed the presence of religious and security personalities and delegations as well as representatives of relevant parties, and after reciting verses from the Holy Quran and reciting Surat Al-Fatiha in honor of the martyrs of the Iraq then listening to the national anthem and the anthem of the Holy Shrine. There was a speech of the General Secretariat of the Holy Shrine delivered by the Board Member Prof. Dr. Abbas Rashid Al-Moussawi, in which he stressed that intellectual security constitutes preventive security in the way of immunizing the individual from falling into the trap of threats to community peace.
This was followed by a speech by the Preparatory Committee of the Conference delivered by the Head of the Order Care Department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine; Mr. Hussein Redha.
After that, the research sessions, chaired by Dr. Hassanein Adnan Al-Moussawi, and Prof. Radwan Al-Salami as rapporteur, were opened on three axes:
The religious axis: With the participation of Sheikh Ali Mohan of the Department of Religious Affairs in the Holy shrine and Sheikh Mahmoud Al-Safi from the library and house manuscripts of the holy shrine.
The security axis: a research by Colonel Luqman Abdul Hussein, director of narcotics and psychotropic substances in the police headquarters of Karbala.
The legal axis: a research of the human rights professor Omar Abbas Khudair from the Legal Affairs Department in the holy shrine of Imam al-Hadi and Imam al-'Askari (peace be upon both of them).
The participants came up with a number of recommendations, presented by Sheikh Salah Al-Khafaji, Head of Religious Affairs Department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, as follows:
- The need to make the conference periodical and annual, to discuss one of the emergency phenomena on society.
- The State shall tighten its control over the borders to prevent the transfer of these harmful and destructive materials to society.
- To provide human resources capable of finding solutions and dismantling the problems in society, and educating them through the dissemination of awareness programs in all social forums.
- Presenting all the risks posed by drug addiction and awareness-raising through the various media that have a primary role.
- Give a role to Iraqi universities in the development of ideas among young people through the holding of workshops or seminars.
- Support the Directorate of Narcotics Control and remove all influences on it, so that the Directorate of Narcotics Control feels free and active and is not subject to any influences.
- Opening centers for the treatment of addicts, since there is one center in Basra governorate containing (40) beds only for the treatment of addictions.
- Fighting indiscriminate cafes and supervising other cafes within residential areas in order to preserve the youth.
- Linking spiritually the young people to the holy shrines, which are the source of our pride.
This conference was concluded by honoring researchers and contributors to the establishment of this conference, amid calls for the need of such conferences to find solutions of such problems or crises plaguing the Iraqi society.