In order to preserve the holy shrine facilities and within the periodic maintenance schedule in preparation for the winter season, the technical staff working in the dyeing unit of the construction division of the Engineering Maintenance Department at the Holy Shrine, began comprehensive paint work according to a schedule prioritized service facilities used by visitors, especially those that will be used during the Ziyarat Arba'een.
Engineer Samir Abbas, Head of Engineering Maintenance at the Holy Shrine, explained to the al-Kafeel Network the nature of these works, saying: “As part of the series of works provided by our construction division, the dyeing unit has launched a qualitative campaign to prepare some sites for the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and the priority has been given to the sites inhabited by visitors and checkpoints leading to the city, to appear well and bright."
He stressed: "The dyeing unit mobilized all its staff to work in two shifts in order to complete the works at the fastest speed to paint the locations that are affiliated to the holy shrine and those that are not affiliated to it, such as government schools (used to accommodate visitors) that needed repair and maintenance."
The official of the dyeing unit; Thabit Yahya al-Musawi explained: "After the preparation of the proactive plan for the distribution of work in all locations, we have enough time to complete the remainder of the work before the Ziyarat Arba'een, and there are other work that will be done after the month of Safar, God willing."
He explained: "Among the work that we have accomplished recently that comes in continuation of our previous work and that are assigned to us:
- Dyeing 100 checkpoints.
- Dyeing the external windows of the al-'Ameed University and the corridors and doors of the internal sections therein.
- Dyeing the classrooms of the al-'Ameed Preparatory School for Girls in the Center of As-Siddiqah al-Tahira (peace be upon her) in preparation for the new academic year.
- Dyeing the halls of the visitors' service complexes and the parts where they need to be dyed.
- Dyeing iron sections belonging to a number of departments of the Holy Shrine.
- Dyeing a number of government schools and preparing them to receive students."