In a series of steps in the right direction of the studied scientific way it planned, the International Federation of Libraries (IFLA) placed the library and the house of manuscripts of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine in the World Map of Applications (SDG) for the implementation of sustainable development events 2030, in which the library reached advanced stages and was able to achieve what is required of it, in harmony with the requirements of the roadmap for sustainable development.
This came during the work of the International Federation of Libraries (IFLA) to discuss the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) held from 20 to 30 /09/2019, which will be presented the events on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the world, and to highlight what libraries are doing in achieving these goals.
The activities of libraries were presented in the Global Map of Applications (SDG), as well as the activities of the library and the House of Manuscripts of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine among the global libraries that are working to achieve the goals of sustainable development 2030, and these activities were as follows:
- Authorized file for Iraqi authors.
- Preservation and maintenance of printed and manuscript heritage.
- The Iraqi Digital Repository of university Theses.
- The role of Iraqi libraries in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The role of medical libraries in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Project of updating the curricula in the Iraqi information and libraries sections.