The water Division is one of the divisions working within the service affairs department at the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, and is among the divisions that has mobilized all its human and material resources and potentials to provide water to the visitors, whether inside or outside the holy shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him).
The head of the division; Haj Ahmad al-Hanoon, has explained to al-Kafeel Network: "We work continuously throughout the year, but the Ziyarat Arba'een is special, so we make our preparations from an early time especially with the high temperatures, which needs additional work because the visitor needs cold water all the time, and we strive to provide it constantly and continuously to the visitors so they can quench their thirst."
Explaining: "According to our plan, the work has been divided into several axes:
- Specialized tank vehicles to provide service processions with water throughout the days of the Ziyarat even on peak days.
- Providing water to the external departments of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine.
- Inside the Holy Shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), where an integrated water network was installed for the purpose of supplying water containers scattered in the holy sanctuary or in the internal and external basements.
- The area between the two holy shrines and in the streets and nearby roads, including all the checkpoints and the locations of the water containers, have been provided with water through special vehicles for this purpose.
- Houses close to the Sanctuary that are provided with water either directly by the Division or through the residents.
- Sites that were invested by the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine to accommodate visitors such as schools and Hussayniyat.
He stressed: "The work of the Division is continuing despite the heavy congestion in the roads, which did not stop this service around the clock by two shifts every day."
It is worth mentioning that all departments of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine are in a state of full alert during the period of the Ziyarat Arba'een.