Many of the departments of the holy shrine have an active role in serving the pilgrims of the Ziyarat Arba'een of Imam al-Hussayn (peace be upon him). Some of them are in direct contact with the pilgrims, while others' work is done behind the scenes, such as the Stores' Department that is a real partner and the logistic supporter of all other departments.
The assistant Director of the Department, Mr. Abd al-Ghani Mahdi Sajet, has stated to Al-Kafeel Network the following:
"The Stores' Department works to provide the rest of departments of they need in their work, but during the season of the Ziyarat Arba'een, our work is more specific, as we conduct a number of tasks through a join work committee that coordinate our work with the rest of departments, including:
- Providing large numbers of mattresses and blankets.
- Providing large numbers of carpets to cover the holy shrine's floor.
- Preparing additional numbers of carpets for the holy shrine as well as reserve carpets at the disposal of the beneficiary department.
- Preparing large quantities of cleaning materials and powders used in the bathrooms' complexes.
- Providing large quantities of waste bags and containers.
- Providing large numbers of disposable goblets for drinking water.
- Printing five hundreds of thousands of identification bracelets used in the identification center, for children, people with special needs and the elderly. This center is supervised directly by our department
- Providing the cities of visitors of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine with all mattresses, carpets, blankets, tents and pillows."
“We have not only provided materials to the departments of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, but we have also provided service processions deployed on the external roads with materials they need and help them to serve their visitors such as mattresses, blankets, brooms, etc. These are the most important duties that we have to undertake during the Ziyarat. "
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) holy Shrine has harnessed all its energies since a few days to receive the visitors of Imam al-Hussayn and his brother Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon them) and provide them with the best services. And the security services and municipal and health departments in the province have implemented tight security plans to provide security and services to visitors on this occasion.