Following the initiative of the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, which prepared meals for the demonstrators of Karbala, who are demanding their legitimate rights guaranteed by the Iraqi Constitution and supported by the Supreme religious Authority. And given the large number of meals it prepares in addition to the meals provided to visitors to the shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), The al-'Alqami service complex of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine started contributing in cooking and preparing hundreds of meals to the demonstrators, in order to reduce and ease the momentum on the host restaurant of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him).
The service complex was tasked to prepare meals according to a feeding schedule set by the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, divided on lunch or dinner.
Each meal includes also the distribution of fruits and juices in addition to drinking water, which are transported by special vehicles to the demonstration square. Then the meals are distributed in one single use meal containers by the staff working in the complex or through the distribution teams of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine.
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.