The engineering maintenance department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine carried out the periodic maintenance of the water sprinklers installed on the glass tents that cover the ceiling of the holy shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him), as well as cleaning the other glass parts according to a schedule set by the department according to the situation and the weather conditions.
Engineering Maintenance Department assigned these works to a specialized team, which include:
- The maintenance work of the sprinklers installed on the axes of each of the tents that work automatically, and this requires constant maintenance.
- Changing and replacing some of the affected parts of these sprinklers.
- Conducting a comprehensive inspection and maintenance of their electrical feeders.
- Comprehensive cleaning of all parts of the tents and glass sections that separate some parts.
- Cleaning the domes spread over the holy sanctuary.
It is noteworthy that after the completion of the tents structures installation along with their glass and their electrical motors, water sprinklers are installed to wash and clean the glass tents periodically as needed, and they are fitted with water pumper that pushes automatically the water through it as needed, the water is pumped from four pumps that were put in the corners of the surface of the roof. Each of them operates using a power of 75 Ampere to pump vigorously water through the sprinklers installed on the base of the glass tent, then the water is drained through surrounding pipes to be discharged to the outside. These drainage pipes are not only for the washing water but also for rain water.