As part of its efforts to support peaceful protesters and their legitimate demands guaranteed by the Constitution and supported by the Supreme Religious Authority, the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine continues to provide them with thousands of meals, and continues this service, which is part of the services provided to the demonstrators.
The host restaurant harnessed its efforts to meet the needs of demonstrators gathered in the Tarbiya Square in the holy province of Karbala, by providing two meals a day in addition to other meals, as well as water and juices, and these meals are transported by special vehicles to be distributed to the demonstrators directly or through the support camp set up there.
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.