The al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine continues its support to the protesters of the battle for reform, claiming their legitimate rights guaranteed by the Iraqi constitution and supported by the supreme religious authority. The supporting campaign takes various forms, as after its support to the protesters in Karbala squares, it is also present in the protest square in the capital Baghdad, providing food, medical and moral services.
Among these services, sending large quantities of water, various dry food to the protesters, who welcome this initiative. The distribution was done under the supervision of a number of servants of the holy shrine of Aba Al Fadl Al Abbas (peace be upon him).
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.