The General Secretariat of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine denied setting up tents and marquees in the Bab Baghdad area north of the holy city of Karbala, and at the same time affirmed its support for peaceful demonstrators demanding their legitimate rights, and it is continuing to provide logistical support to them in the Tarbiya Square in the city center.
This statement comes after hat pages on the social media circulated pictures, indicating that it is a tent belonging to the al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine in the aforementioned region, prepared to receive the people of other provinces in order to start a march to Baghdad.
The al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine renews its support for the peaceful demonstrations guaranteed by the Iraqi constitution and endorsed by the supreme religious reference, which calls for reform, free life and decent living, and it also stresses the commitment to the directives of the Supreme Religious Authority on the necessity of showing the utmost levels of peace, which have been demonstrated by most of the Iraqi protesters since the beginning of the demonstrations.
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators in Karbala, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.
- Opening a tent for the medical training and rescue, to train the protesters on first aid of critical cases, in addition to contributing to rescue the wounded.
-Sending logistic aid convoys to support the protesters in the Tahrir Square in Baghdad.