The al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine participated side by side with the rest of the holy shrines and the honorable sanctuaries in Iraq and the rest of the Iraqi people, in the major demonstrations called (the unified march of Iraq) that took place yesterday in the capital Baghdad, after it was invited by the demonstrations' coordination as the servants of the holy shrines are an active part of the Iraqi community.
The participants in this march, which reached the Tahrir Square, the heart of Iraq, came from various cities of Iraq, including the servants of the holy shrine and the rest of the holy shrines and sanctuaries, chanting for the love of Iraq and its martyrs and affirmed the people's demands through which it is hoped to reform the political process and get rid of the corruption, for a free and dignified life worthy of the children of this patient and sacrificing people.
Among the demands of this march that was concluded in Tahrir Square is the demand for the approval of an election law that gives justice to the competencies deprived of serving their country, a law that makes the official indebted to the public that chooses him and this works for his service, and a law for the Electoral Commission that makes it a commission without corruption and in which voices are not for sale.
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators in Karbala, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.
- Opening a tent for the medical training and rescue, to train the protesters on first aid of critical cases, in addition to contributing to rescue the wounded.
-Sending logistic aid convoys to support the protesters in the Tahrir Square in Baghdad.