Since the start of the first spark of the demonstrations movement in Iraq, the processions of logistical support associated with the Relief and Support Division of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine have had important participation and attendance to provide support to the demonstrators demanding legitimate rights guaranteed by the constitution and supported by the supreme religious authority.
The role of these processions was not confined to its administrative units only, but it also had a stand in Tahrir Square, where the protesters are gathering to demand their legitimate rights. This participation was culminated in the recently launched demonstration, having a prominent role through the following:
- Preparing and coordinating with the relevant authorities to organize the demonstrators.
- Sending convoys of support of food and other necessities.
- Installing marquees to serve the demonstrators in Tahrir Square.
- Participating along the protesting crowds in their marches.
The division units on the Karkh and Rusafa sides had an important role to play since they were present throughout the past days.
It is noteworthy that the Relief and Support Division, since the start of the demonstrations movement, had a supportive stance that started from Tahrir Square in Baghdad, and extended to the rest of the demonstration squares in other provinces, and in many areas, including:
- Installing a marquee to provide services.
- Preparing meals for the demonstrators.
- Distribution of food, water and juices.
- Providing medical assistance to the injured.
- Contributing to the medical aid for the injured.
- Moral support through the presence of most processions in the demonstration squares.
- Providing some equipment used by the demonstrators, such as helmets, masks, and others.
- Contributing to volunteer campaigns such as cleaning and painting sidewalks.