A delegation from the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine visited the wounded demonstrators at the Kafeel Specialized Hospital, who were received from inside and outside the holy city of Karbala. The medical and nursing staffs spared no effort to provide them with the needed treatments.
The visiting delegation, which consisted of the members from the departments of (Religious Affairs, Public Relations, Intellectual and Cultural Affairs), reviewed the health conditions of the wounded, praying for their full recovery and health. The delegation conveyed greetings of the staffs of the Holy Shrine and their prayers for them. Then it offered blessing gifts to them from the holy shrine of Aba al-Fadl al-Abbas (peace be upon him) and other in kind gifts.
The delegation also appreciated and praised the role played by the staff of the Kafeel Specialized Hospital, urging them also to do more.
The wounded, who were hospitalized in the hospital, on their part, praised and thanked the visiting delegation for this initiative, as well as the care and kind gesture of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine.
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators in Karbala, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.
- Opening a tent for the medical training and rescue, to train the protesters on first aid of critical cases, in addition to contributing to rescue the wounded.
-Sending logistic aid convoys to support the protesters in the Tahrir Square in Baghdad.