The Al-Kafeel Specialized Hospital affiliated to the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine performed a free operation to a demonstrator in the Najaf, after he was shot in the left shoulder from the side of the heart,
The bullet passed on the left lung and headed towards the spine to settle between the sixth and fifth vertebras and shattered the sixth vertebra. The bullet hit the spinal cord and caused his paralysis.
It is to note that the Al Kafeel Super Speciality Hospital of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided free medical and treatment services to more than 1700 patients, including critical cases of peaceful protesters, including those transferred by ambulances to the hospital or those received in the open medical detachment in the assembly square, central Karbala.
This is part of the efforts of the al-Abbas’s (p) holy shrine in supporting peaceful protesters, who are claiming their legitimate rights guaranteed by the Iraqi constitution and approved by the supreme religious authority, and being part of the humanitarian duty of the hospital staff.
The hospital administration said its medical detachments in the demonstration square in the center of the city of Karbala have provided medical care and first aid to 1717 protesters since the protests began.
The hospital continues to receive critical cases, and these cases were as follows:
- The number of injured patients treated in the field medical detachment in Karbala demonstrations’ square reached 1240 cases.
- The number of injured patients treated in the emergency medical field detachment in the Karbala demonstration square reached 300 cases.
- The number of injured people who were treated in the emergency hall inside the hospital, which was transferred to it by its ambulances reached 150 cases.
- Critical cases reached 27 cases and included treatment and surgeries of various degrees.
This is in addition to the effort that was provided to the wounded people in demonstrations in the governorates of Dhi Qar, including medicines and treatments, in addition to treating a number of critical cases that were transferred to Al-Kafeel Hospital.
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.