The al-Abbas's (p) holy shrine, through its staff working in the Engineering Maintenance Department, created a copy of the Freedom Monument in the Ahrar Square in Karbala, due to the symbolism that this monument carries among Iraqis claiming their legitimate rights.
The monument, according to the coordinator of this work, Professor Jassam Al-Saidi, the official of the Kafeel Center for Culture and International Media: "It is part of the means of support provided by the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine to the demonstrators."
He added: "The copy of the monument came upon the proposal of one of the professors of Karbala University, and the design came through the artist, Professor Haider Shuaib, and after its presentation to the General Secretariat of the Holy Shrine and the approval and the blessing of its Senior Official; His Eminence Sayed Ahmad Al-Safi, the implementation stages that were included in Initially, obtaining the fundamentalist approvals from the local government of the governorate, the municipality department, and commanding the operations and some other departments in it, which the Legal Affairs Department of the Holy Shrine and the leadership of the Abbas's (p) Fighting Squad are guaranteed and the engineering implementation department implemented the copy of the monument. "
Al-Saidi explained: "The monument has a length of 15 panels, a width of 3 meters, a height of 3 meters and a half from the ground, for a total height of the highest point in it 6 meters and a half, and it was placed on an iron structure based on 8 columns, as each column are 7 and a half meters long, and 160 meters of iron and 40 meters of compounds were used in which the monument was covered, to fix the image of the monument that was printed at the Kafeel Center for Printing and Digital Advertising."
It is noteworthy that the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine provided a number of services in support of the demonstrators, which included:
- Preparation of thousands of meals prepared in the host restaurant of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and distributed to them in the squares where they gather.
- Distribution of thousands of drinking water cups.
- Distribution of juices, fruits and tea at different times of the day.
- Sending specialized vehicles for cleaning the square and its surroundings.
- A number of water stations were opened and deployed on the perimeter of the square to provide the demonstrators with clean water.
- Treatment of all casualties, whether from demonstrators or security forces in the al-Kafeel Hospital free of charge.