In the context of its serious endeavor and great and continuous ambition to provide the best services to the distinguished visitors coming to visit the shrine of Aba Abdillah Al-Hussayn and his brother Aba Al-Fadl Al-Abbas (peace be upon them both), a number of drinking water fountains were installed in the areas surrounding the holy shrine and the roads leading to it, especially those that witness a great movement of visitors, to replace what was previously used of water containers, which needed an effort and time in order to provide what the visitor needs of drinking water.
The water fountains, which installation was supervised by the Engineering Maintenance Department at the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, is characterized by several features, the most important of which are:
- Each of them is made up of 12 taps.
- The installation occupied a small area.
- They appear beautiful and civilized.
- They do not cause wastage of water as it is provided with tight taps.
- The taps are made of environmentally friendly stainless steel.
- They keep cold water for long periods of time.
- Ease of use.
These fountains were installed in the area surrounding the Noble Sanctuary and some roads leading to it. And after the completion of the places of water drainage in addition to the extension of its feeding tubes, which were provided from the water station of the al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, and it is possible to pump cold water to it in the summer.